Monday, December 03, 2012
Hop the Train! Using MARTA to get to Imaging USA
Are you flying in for Imaging USA? If your touchdown is at Atlanta's Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MARTA) train can be a great, cheap option for getting to the heart of the Imaging USA action: the Georgia World Congress Center and the headquarter hotels. Here's a rundown of how it works:
MARTA has a train station attached to the airport, near baggage claim. You can purchase a "ticket"—a Breeze Card—loaded with a round trip ticket from the automated machines at the MARTA entrance, which accept cash, credit or debit cards. A round trip pass is $5 (a one-way fare is $2.50), and we suggest getting that so you don't have to purchase another ride for the trip back to the airport. (There is also a one-time $1 charge for the reloadable MARTA Breeze Card.)
Simply tap your card at the gate to enter the station.
Headed to the Georgia World Congress Center, Omni Hotel, Holiday Inn or Glenn Hotel?
Once you're inside the airport MARTA station:
- Take either a red or orange line train NORTH 7 stops to the Five Points station.
- At the Five Points station, follow the signs to the west bound platform. Take either a green or blue line train WEST to the Georgia Dome/Georgia World Congress Center/Phillips Arena/CNN Center station. It will be the first stop on the west line from Five Points.
- It will take you about 20 minutes to ride from the airport to Downtown Atlanta and the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) station.
Once you arrive at the GWCC station, follow the signs towards the GWCC. You will come out of the station on Centennial Olympic Park Dr., and head towards Andrew Young International Boulevard.
The GWCC, Omni Hotel and Holiday Inn are all located on Andrew Young International Boulevard within walking distance of the station! The Glenn Hotel is also within walking distance, on Marietta Street. Download our walking map to help you find your way.
Headed to the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel? Your MARTA directions are a tad different. Once you're inside the airport MARTA station:
- Take either a red or orange line train NORTH (like everyone else).
- Stay on that northbound train until you get to the Peachtree Center station, one stop north of the Five Points Station. You will emerge on Peachtree Street. The Westin is just down the block at the corner of Peachtree Street and Andrew Young International Boulevard.
Visit itsmarta.com for train schedules and route maps.
Here are some additional resources that can answer any additional questions about MARTA you have!
- How to Ride Marta
- A Rookie's Guide to Riding MARTA
- Tips for riding MARTA to/from the Atlanta airport
We hope to see you in January for Imaging USA!