The eco-friendly Phoenix Convention Center has such a green approach that it inspired us at PPA to reduce our footprint on the environment as much as possible this year.
Since we're bringing 10,000+ of you photographers along to Phoenix, we want to leave as little a carbon footprint as possible, and it's only if everyone pitches in that we'll make a difference.
Here's how the convention center has set the positive precedent:
- A longstanding recycling program (more than 460 tons last year alone)
- Green purchasing (including chairs made from recycled car battery casings and seatbelts)
- Use of sustainable construction materials
- Environmental-conscious technology
- Energy and water efficiency
- Solar power
- Food and beverage recycling and waste prevention (every day all unsold perishables are donated to local shelters)
And there's a lot more! If you want to dive in, you can find out about all the sustainability initiatives from Phoenix Convention Center here.
What's PPA doing to help? A lot! This year the badges, badge holders, ribbons and show bags are all made from recycled materials. Also, all of the foam core signs are biodegradable.
And you can do your part too! Here's how:
- Riding the Light Rail will reduce your carbon footprint. It's super convenient, quiet, easy to figure out and all the host hotels for Imaging USA are in short walking distance from the convention center!
- Bring your own water bottle – reduce and reuse! You'll help take harmful materials out of the equation by bringing your own, reusable water bottle. A little thing that goes a long way.
- Save paper and use the Imaging USA mobile application! For the schedules, for the evaluations form, so take notes… you can help reduce the ton (literally!) of paper that your conference requires, as people don’t always leverage their smartphones or tablets.
Be part of something bigger with us and help make a difference!