10 Things to See + Do at Imaging USA 2019
Imaging USA, the largest annual convention and expo organized by professional photographers for professional photographers, will be held January 20-22, 2019 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta!
In anticipation of this three-day photography event featuring more than 10,000 attendees and 80+ speakers and workshops plus 600+ booths from over 150 exhibitors, PPA has compiled a list of the top 10 things to see at Imaging USA 2019:
- The Imaging USA Expo is where attendees can peruse everything from camera gear and equipment to small gadgets and accessories and establish a connection with labs and service providers. More than 600 exhibitors including well-known photographic companies Canon, Miller's, Panasonic, H&H Color Lab, Marathon, Zenfolio and ChromaLuxe will display their products and services.
- Opening and Closing Keynote Addresses from famed motivational speakers Scott Stratten and Judi Holler. Bookend Imaging USA with photography-business advice and inspiration from two of the best motivators in the world.
- Renowned speakers in the photographic industry: 80+ of the best in the business will share their photography secrets inside of in-depth, intimate classroom settings. Don’t forget to check out the pre-convention classes, January 17-19, for even more options.
- Educational opportunities for photographers of all levels. There will be live demos on the expo floor (like the PRINT Theatre), pre-convention classes including hands-on workshops, the Coaches' Corner for sports and event photographers, plus portfolio reviews and 30-minute mentoring sessions in the Merit Cafe.
- Opening Night Party inside the Georgia World Congress Center where you’ll kick off the year with a night filled with dancing, mingling and eating. Featuring unique photo ops and celebrating PPA’s 150th anniversary, the opening party is the perfect way to get ready for an amazing Imaging USA.
- International Photographic Competition (IPC) Exhibit, the largest winter photographic exhibit in the Southeast. The IPC exhibit allows visitors to view some of the winning images from across the globe from 2018’s International Photographic Competition.
- One Awards Night filled with three exciting ceremonies that are free and open to the public. Attendees can bring guests to cheer them on and help them celebrate their achievements. First up is the Award and Degree Ceremony, an official graduation for photographers earning their degrees and awards from 2018. Next is the Grand Imaging Awards, honoring the best of the best from 2018’s IPC. Finally, the World Photographic Cup presentation announces the photographers who will comprise Team U.S.A. in the World Photographic Cup.
- During the Imaging USA Closing Party PPA will be taking over the Georgia Aquarium. Guests will eat delicious food, take advantage of unique photo ops with marine life, and dance the night away inside the largest aquarium in the U.S. This event, while free to Imaging USA all-access pass holders, will require a ticket otherwise, which can be purchased at registration.
- GAP programming, the newest track at Imaging USA. Dedicated to helping you bridge the "gap" between photographers and consumers, these classes take a deep dive into the BUSINESS of photography and will help you be more profitable in 2019.
- Atlanta, GA, the hometown of PPA and the perfect spot to celebrate 150 years of photography by photographers for photographers. If you get a free moment, go hit up the blocks around Imaging USA and take in the Centennial Olympic Park area and all of the amazing tourist attractions within walking distance.
Imaging USA will be here before you know it! So register now and reserve your room through the official booking site. See you in January!