Five Tips for a Healthy & Happy Imaging USA Experience!
Evelyn Burttram, Social Media Specialist
Whether or not we get sick while traveling isn’t always something within our control BUT there are definitely steps we can take to help put the odds in our favor for staying healthy and happy during our travels! We wanted to put together a little checklist for you guys leading up to Imaging USA to help you stay as healthy as possible during your time in Nashville, so here are our top 5 travel tips for staying healthy at Imaging USA!
- Focus on Food: Eating healthy isn’t always the easiest thing to do when you’re out of town and on the go! When hunger strikes we aren’t always as prepared as we could be, whether that's in an airport terminal or on the road, so a little pre-planning can go a LONG way! Be sure to pack some healthy snacks that can easily travel with you. Ideas for snacks that travel well include protein bars, trail mix (dried fruit, nuts, etc.), jerky, and fresh fruits like apples and bananas. Bring a bag of items that you can stash away in your travel bag, purse, or whatever “go bag” you might be taking with you from class to class at Imaging.
- Stay Hydrated: Be sure to have a reusable water bottle with you during the conference that you can keep filling up and be sure to drink plenty of water throughout your day. Dehydration can cause a slew of problems that could make your Imaging USA experience less than enjoyable including headaches, dizziness/lightheadedness, and low energy levels. Any of these symptoms will make it harder for you to enjoy your time at Imaging USA so DRINK UP!
- Schedule in Your Exercise: If working out is a part of your daily routine, be sure to schedule some time for exercise. Most hotels have a fitness center and the Gaylord Opryland is no exception! They have a 3,500-square-foot fitness center with state-of-the-art cardiovascular machines, circuit training, and free weights. Their fitness center is available to all registered resort guests. Be sure to have Imaging USA classes pre-planned so that you can schedule in some gym time if you wish! If you haven’t done so already, be sure to download the app. It makes it super easy to plan out your class schedule ahead of time!
- Try Your Best to Get Seven Hours of Sleep: Okay, okay, I know this is a tough one when it comes to conferences! You will have so many things going on from catching up with old friends to networking and parties – not to mention the fact that falling asleep in unfamiliar places like hotel rooms can be a challenge for some. Try to create a relaxing bedtime “routine” by reading a book or meditating- this can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Also, try to minimize screen time- blue light from our phones and computer screens can actually make it harder for us to fall asleep.
- Keep Your Hands Clean: be sure to wash your hands pretty much every time you walk past a bathroom. Germs can spread rapidly at an enclosed biodome like Opryland. To ensure you're washing your hands properly, sing "Happy Birthday" to yourself twice. That is the recommended hand-washing length of time to get it all done! There will also be hand sanitizer stations for your convenience...but you should bring a little with you just in case!