Friday, March 10, 2017
The ONE Thing You Need to Do to Increase Photography Sales
By Lisa Sharer
Welcome to the Shoot & Burn Era. These days more and more clients ask for digital images, and don't even think to ask about prints. That's where you come in.
One of the things that sets the professional photographer apart from the amateur is the knowledge and respect for printed images as an art form. It's the photographer's responsibility to show clients the beauty in print, and why they are necessary for their lives. Show your clients the difference hiring a professional makes by educating them on Print Art and producing amazing products for them. We live in a time filled with opportunities for those who sell printed products and here's why: People are decorating their homes with DIY décor. Photos are the single most unique way to personalize a space and photographers who help their clients see that potential are always better off.
In this video, famed photographer Allison Tyler Jones explains why and how a professional makes the difference when it comes to that perfect print for your client's home. This talk was part of Imaging USA 2016, the conference for working photographers in the U.S.
Looking for ways to help promote yourself as a Print Artist? PPA members can enjoy all the benefits of the See The Difference® marketing tools today.
Thursday, February 02, 2017
The Best of Imaging USA, As Shared By YOU
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Relive Imaging USA with These Videos!
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Let the Sun Shine In...Imaging USA 2017, Day Three
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
"I've Got This"...Imaging USA 2017, Day Two
by James Yates
See, you have to know if you just give things time and put the right energy into it the clouds will give way and the sunshine will break through. This applies to Imaging USA 2017 and how amazing Day Two was, but it also applies to the story of our winner of the 2017 Grand Imaging Award, Barbara Breitsameter M.Photog.Cr., CPP. But more on that later...
The day started with another round of amazing classes. One of the newest and most exciting things at Imaging USA this year is the Drone Zone, a ballroom sectioned off to host classes and demos on all things "drones". Local television news was on hand to get footage and let viewers in San Antonio know they still have another day left to get their Free Expo Pass and come check it out!
I spent a lot of time on the Expo floor today, interviewing attendees and finding out what was on top of everyone's mind for Day Two. Between the special vendor deals, the networking and the International Photographic Competition Exhibit (look for the IPC signs), the word "overwhelmed" came up a lot. Oh, and there's also the PRINT Theatre, where there are sessions every hour on how to incorporate printed products into your studio's portfolio. The looks of amazement on everyone's faces at the trade show are priceless.
Now, speaking of priceless...how to put into words the amazing human being that is Barbara Breitsameter, M.Photog.Cr., CPP and winner of the 2017 Grand Imaging Award for her pet photography portrait, "Send in the Clowns"? Barbara took the top TWO prizes in her category and then won the overall award, an honor she was shocked to receive. I got to interview Barbara after her big win and, while seated with six of her closest friends (almost all of whom she mentored!) the joy and camaraderie that comes from a life well-lived and a hard-won and well-deserved honor was contagious. Barbara created this hilarious image during a particularly "dark" period of personal struggle in her life but, the image and its humor not only helped her through but has put her in a whole new direction with her pet photography work.
"I never even dreamed I could attain this," Barbara says. "It's like looking Parkinson's in the face and saying, 'I've got this.' It's my legacy to my kids to never give up and go for it. I love what I do. I have the best job in the world---I get to work with dogs!"
Barbara (and all of the Grand Imaging Award winners) are a reminder to push yourself, enter competition, find a mentor and really make sure you're living your life to the fullest...even in the dark and uncomfortable spots. The sunshine will show up. Warmth is coming right around the corner.
Tomorrow is the last day of Imaging USA 2017 and, if it's anything like today, there won't be a dry eye in the house. Now, everyone get out there and make Day Three count! Go see the Drone Zone, PRINT Theatre, speakers, the photo exhibit, the Merit Cafe, the Expo, the Award and Degree ceremony....do whatever you can to fit it all in. You can sleep next week.
Sunday, January 08, 2017
"Since 1869...and we aren't going anywhere"--Imaging USA 2017 Day One
Friday, January 06, 2017
Here's Your Imaging USA Arrival Checklist!
Thursday, January 05, 2017
A Rising Tide Sails All Ships: An Imaging USA Experience
Friday, December 30, 2016
4 New Year's Resolutions You Can Keep By Attending Imaging USA
Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Why Imaging USA? Here are Photographers' Answers!
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Got a Drone for Christmas? Start Here!
- Visit PPA.com/Drones for all the information you need about registering your drone, becoming a drone pilot, insurance options, and soon, how to get you Drone-Photography Certified! Also browse these articles for a vast array of information all about drones!
- Check out these comprehensive videos on PPAedu about Drone Photography! Drone experts Randy Braun and Stacy Garlington from DJI go over everything from safety and etiquette rules to tips on flying. These programs are available online 24/7 to all PPA members. Take advantage of them to get your buzzing edge!
- Come to Imaging USA to explore the Drone Zone! This brand new program features 10 classes with all you need to learn about drone photography, especially how to incorporate them safely, legally, and profitably into your photography business. The Drone Zone walks you through all of your options, in-person, with experts on hand to answer all of your questions! You'll be able to watch drones in action, participate in demos, learn best practices for a sustainable business, and so much more.
Monday, December 26, 2016
Photo Opportunities Are Endless At Imaging USA 2017!
By Autumn Rice
Thousands of photographers will take over San Antonio for Imaging USA 2017 and if you're planning to be there, then don't forget to pack your camera! There will be loads of great photo opportunities and we want you to take advantage of them all!
From photos with friends, to sights around the city, you'll have the opportunity to capture memorable moments all around Imaging USA. So, pull out your camera and take a picture of anything that catches your eye! And after you've captured the perfect picture, don't forget to share it with us. Tweet, snap, post, and share with the official #ImagingUSA, and your posts will be shared on large screens on site!
Need more reasons? Here are a few sights for great photos opps at and around the convention:
• Classes: There are great moments to capture photos of in classes. Snap some photos and share them with us!
• Expo: The expo will be filled with your friends, industry professionals, vendors, and your PPA Team. Grab a few folks and get a group pic of the expo action!
• The GIA's and the Award & Degree Ceremony: Snap some photos of the year's winners in their fanciest pants at these events where the award winners from the last year are recognized.
• Parties: take a break from dancing the night away and snap some pics with friends.
• River Walk: Take a ride on the San Antonio River Walk and get great shots of the city from the boat!
So whether you're on the plane to San Antonio, headed to an Imaging USA event or touring the city, keep your camera handy and capture some great moments from Imaging USA 2017 in San Antonio. Remember to share all of your moments via social media with the hashtag: #ImagingUSA
If you haven't already done so, you can still register: Go to ImagingUSA.org/Register and we'll see you soon!