Would you like to volunteer at Imaging USA?
Imaging USA is made possible by dozens of smiling, orange-shirted volunteers each year. They assist with convention and pre-convention programming and act as show ambassadors making sure things run smoothly for our speakers and attendees. We are looking for smiling faces to join us on the following dates:
- January 20-22, 2019 (Imaging USA Convention and Expo)
- January 19-22, 2019 (Imaging USA Convention & Expo, plus our busy Saturday pre-convention day)
- January 17-22, 2019 (Imaging USA Convention & Expo, plus 3 days of pre-convention classes)
Volunteer applications for Imaging USA 2019 are now closed.
Hotel, Travel and Speaker Information
Check ImagingUSA.org for updates regarding programming, speakers, travel and all details regarding Imaging USA. Further information will be emailed when available.
Email will be our PRIMARY form of communication with volunteers. Please add PPAVolunteers@gmail.com to your email contact list and make sure this address is not blocked by your email spam filter. Applicants and volunteers are asked to respond to ALL communication as soon as possible, even if it is "Received." It is imperative that we hear back from you in order to adhere to deadlines for our committee and operations. Your prompt response helps us to meet our deadlines.
What’s required of volunteers?
- Attend the Mandatory Orientation Meeting on Saturday, January 19, 2019 around 5pm. Dinner will be served.
- Assist with six convention programs, events or greeting slots for Imaging USA, averaging two per day, Sunday through Tuesday.
- Assist with pre-convention programming or greeting for early volunteers.
- Attend the daily briefing each day to stay up to date on any changes in programming. The daily briefing is held on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at 12:15pm and includes a luncheon each day.
What will my daily duties as a convention committee volunteer be?
- HAVE FRIENDLY, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS WITH A SMILING FACE AT ALL TIMES.
- Support convention committee and event staff.
- Support instructors with set-up like props / display instructors’ prints.
- Check badges of attendees at classroom doors.
- Pass out any hand-out materials as requested by instructor.
- Greet convention attendees at airport and dedicated convention hotels.
What’s the Dress Code?
- Long-sleeved orange oxford shirt. Two will be provided to each volunteer and they must be returned on the last day of Imaging USA. If you choose to layer, black maybe worn under your orange shirt.
- Black slacks, NO jeans or shorts.
- Close-toed, comfortable shoes. It’s suggested that you bring at least two pair of comfortable walking shoes.
What are the benefits of being a Convention Committee Volunteer?
Aside from having the opportunity to see the finest Instructors in the world in action and building friendships with the other photographers on the Convention Committee team, you will receive:
- Complimentary convention registration for Imaging USA
- Volunteers can also earn up to 5 PPA service merits for the week
- You’ll earn two PPA service merits for volunteering at Imaging USA (Sunday-Tuesday).
- You’ll also earn one PPA service merit per day (maximum of 2 per convention) for volunteering during the pre-convention classes (Thursday-Saturday).
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact:.
Imaging USA Convention Committee
Member Volunteer Coordinator
Imaging USA Convention Committee
Assistant Member Volunteer Coordinator
334-794-0711 Studio – 334-714-1095 Cell